Please fill out the Library Classroom Reservation Form.
J. M. Hodges Library Facilities Rules
The mission of the WCJC Libraries is to provide a variety of services that support and expand the instructional programs of the institution.
General rules and procedures for the use of the Library Sympodium Classroom and the Open Computer Lab have been developed in accordance with this mission and are hereby established. Responsibility for implementing the general rules rests with the Library Director and with the Library staff in charge of the circulation desk. The Vice-President of Instruction retains authority for enforcing these rules.
Library Sympodium Classroom
1. Library orientations and activities are given first priority when scheduling the classroom. Academic divisions or faculty members also reserve the right to use this room for meetings or instructional programs if no other accommodation is available.
2. In order to encourage the most equitable use of the Library Sympodium Classroom, reservations of the classroom from other college support units will be accepted in the order received.
3. Reservations can be made in person, through email, by fax, or by calling the library front desk at x6509 one week prior to the meeting or program. The online request form is also available at http://wcjc.libwizard.com/f/sympodium. At least 24 hours advance notice is required to postpone or cancel a reservation. The reservation may be rescheduled based on availability.
4. Classroom reservations for the morning hours until 3 p.m. can be made up to two weeks in advance. Reservations for times after 3 p.m. can be made at any time.
5. Multiple reservations of the classroom over a longer period of time (e.g. a month or a semester) will be taken upon approval of the Library Director with the consent of the Vice-President of Instruction.
6. The classroom may be used when available during regular library hours. Evening meetings or classes must conclude 15 minutes prior to regular library closing time, and the room must be vacated by closing time.
7. The faculty or staff member using the classroom will be responsible for the maintenance of the facility. The person must:
Be responsible for the group's compliance with library rules (e.g. Food and Drink Policy) and protection of library property. Not connect additional equipment or laptop computers to the Sympodium unit. Do not connect or disconnect any cables to this unit as well. Notify the library staff when the classroom has been cleared. Assure that the room is left in good order (log off PC; turn off data projector, etc.).
Open Computer Lab
1. All PCs are open for students, faculty, and staff to use.
2. The lab cannot be reserved for any instructional programs or classes.
3. Charge for printing is $0.10 per black/white copy and $0.50 per color copy.