- Applicants must apply and meet all admission requirements to Wharton County Junior College. (If this step has not been completed, registration for the academy will not be allowed!)
- Applicants must complete the program Application and submit directly to the police academy office. Upon receipt, the academy registration
packet will be issued for the requested class.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have received a GED.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age within 60 days of graduation from the police academy. If you do not meet this age qualification, you must be 18 years of age and meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Received a minimum of 60 semester credit hours from an accredited college or university, or
- Received an associate degree from an accredited college, or
- Received an Honorable Discharge from the Armed Forces of the United States after two years minimum active duty
- Applicants must successfully complete all forms required by the WCJC Police Academy. The forms will be provided in the registration packet.