The Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration and Electrical Technology program, open to both male and female applicants, is comprised of two Level I Certificates. The Entry Level Residential Air Conditioning & Electrical Certificate is a one semester certificate offered each fall semester. The Apprentice Level Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration & Electrical Certificate is a two semester certificate offered each spring/summer semesters. Students may pursue either or both certificates. With the completion of both, the graduate will have acquired the knowledge and skills in the practical application of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, residential wiring and commercial wiring. The program of study includes, but is not limited to, methods of installing, maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing equipment. Computer simulation programs are used to improve diagnostic skills. Specific competencies taught include: gas brazing and soldering, electrical circuits and motor analysis, system troubleshooting, conduit bending, wire size estimating and circuit installations.
- Must apply and meet all admission requirements to Wharton County Junior College
- College Entrance Testing (TSI) is NOT required for entrance into the program
- Books (Please view Program Supplies - Textbook List)
- Students will be required to purchase a tool kit for use in the program.
(Please view Program Supplies - Tool List)
- Students will be required to wear a uniform shirt to all class meetings. (Information for purchasing will be provided to the student once classes begin)