WCJC invites students who are majoring in or who intend to major in any Computer Science field to apply for a scholarship. Students with the following majors qualify:
- Cisco Router Networking Certificate
- Computer Science AA
- Network Administration AAS
- PC Technical Support Certificate
- Computer Simulation and Game Development
- Digital Media
Purpose and Intent
- Scholarship recipients can be either full-time or part-time students.
- Students must show need. Qualifying as need based depends on FAFSA application and cost of attendance.
- The amount of the award will be based on the number of hours enrolled.
- Up to $1000 for full-time students per semester (12+ hours).
- UP to $500 for part-time students per semester (6+ hours).
- Completed Scholarship Application.
- Completion of 12 credit hours of Computer Science course work.
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The FAFSA form can be completed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. There is no charge for completing a FAFSA form. Applicants should print the results of their FAFSA submission and attach those results to this application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Financial Aid Office (Wharton): 979-532-6345
Financial Aid Office (Fort Bend Technical Center): 281-239-1540
Financial Aid Office (Sugar Land): 281-243-8431
Applications should be hand-delivered, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
ATTN: Computer Science Scholarship – Spring 2018
WCJC Financial Aid Office
911 Boling Highway
Wharton, TX 77488