The primary goals of the WCJC government program include the following:
- To provide the student with an understanding of the development of the American system
of democracy (2305).
- To provide the student with a working knowledge of the Texas political system. (2306)
- To foster a greater sense of citizenship among students (both courses).
The objectives used to reach these goals include:
- Develop the student’s critical thinking skills regarding constitutional history and
evolution, the importance of participation in the political process and about the
American and Texas political process and its institutions.
- Expand the student’s basic ability to identify and to understand the primary components
of political diversity.
- Foster the student’s understanding of political participation and improve the student’s
contributions to that participation.
- Equip the student with a solid base of fundamental knowledge of the American and Texas