Virtual Blackboard Orientation and General Q&A Session for Students
Come learn how to navigate your online courses in Blackboard, where to find our most requested student resources, and get answers to your questions.
Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 8:00 pm
Tuesday, January 18, 2022, at 5:00 pm
Link to Join
Registering for Online classes
- Applying to WCJC and registering for classes is the same for both online and face-to-face classes. Please review the steps to register for classes if you are unclear about where to begin.
- You can use the Online Course Finder in Banner to search for available classes by term.
Beginning Your Online Class
You are enrolled in an online course. Now what? This section will provide you with some of the key information to get you started with your course. Even if you have taken an online course before, we urge you to read it carefully. Here’s what you need to do.
Make sure your computer is ready to go.
- A computer with a reliable internet connection is a must. Please take the time to review our Computer Requirements listed on the Distance Education Student Resources page.
Login to Blackboard and Learn how the Basics of how to use the system.
- Online classes use an online learning platform called Blackboard (https://wcjc.blackboard.com). Additional help and instructions on logging in can be found on the login page.
- If this is your first time taking an online course at WCJC you may want to familiarize yourself with the platform by reviewing the Blackboard Student Overview. You can also review the on-demand videos provided by blackboard if need additional information.
- A day or so after you register for any class, you should see the "My Organizations" area and a "Student Resource" Organization appear in that section. This organization will give you a great overview of how blackboard works, how to prepare your computer for testing, and how to get help if you are stuck.
Login to Blackboard on the first day of the semester to begin your classes.
Courses will not be visible until the first day of the semester.
- You can access Blackboard through the MyWCJC Portal, or directly at the Blackboard Login Page https://wcjc.blackboard.com. Additional help and instructions on logging in can be found on the login page.
- After logging into Blackboard, you will see a "My Courses" area. Click on the name of the course to enter the course
- Most courses will contain a "READ ME FIRST" document and a "Getting Started" section to orient you to the course.
Purchase your textbooks and other course materials.
- Your schedule lists the course number and section (like PSYC 1300). You can obtain more information about course textbooks by visiting the Bookstore
Stuck? Need Assistance?
If you experience any trouble accessing your course by the first day, please contact the Student Help Desk by completing the Request for IT Support Form or by calling (979) 532-6568.