DigiTex, formerly known as The Virtual College of Texas (VCT), is a collaboration between many of the public community and technical colleges in Texas. Through their partnership with Acadeum, DigiTex now offers many online course sharing options easily through an online portal. Students may register to take distance learning courses that are not currently offered at WCJC from other colleges throughout Texas without the need to apply and enroll in other colleges through this course-sharing program.
Getting Started with DigiTex
- Visit the WCJC Acadeum Home Page and create a student account using your WCJC student email.
- Search for courses in the online catalog.
- Once you find the class you would like to take, click register and your request will be submitted. Clicking on "Register" does NOT guarantee approval. This registration holds your seat in the course pending WCJC approval.
- Once you have registered a request will be sent to the WCJC DigiTex Coordinator to submit course documents to the appropriate WCJC Division Chairs for review and approval. (Note: This process may take up to 10 business days.)
- If the course is approved:
- The course is added to your college schedule.
- The DigiTex Coordinator will contact you via email, that the course had been approved and added to your course schedule.
- You will need to pay WCJC for the course by the payment due date. (Note: Be sure you know the payment deadline or you will be dropped for non-payment.)
- The majority of the information about this course, from this point on, will come from the provider college. If you have not heard anything from the provider college by the course start date, contact the WCJC DIgiTex Coordinator. Once you have received registration information, all requests for technical or content-related assistance must go through the provider college.
- If the course is not approved, you will receive an email from the DigiTex Coordinator.
You must be a current WCJC student before your DigiTex request will be processed. No DigiTex requests will be processed until it can be determined that you are a current student at WCJC.
If WCJC offers the course online during the desired semester, you must take the course through WCJC, not DigiTex. If you are not sure what WCJC courses are offered online, search online services.
The course must be included in the list of courses offered by WCJC. If WCJC does not offer the course, then it is not eligible for DigiTex.
You must meet the pre-requisites required by WCJC (not by the provider college).
DigiTex courses do have seat limitations. If the course you requested is full, you may request to take another course through DigiTex by filling out another online DigiTex request. WCJC cannot bump you into DigiTex courses.
For More Information Please Contact the DigiTex Coordinator: