Jan. 23, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sixteen students graduated this past fall from Wharton County Junior College's Associate Degree Nursing program. Front row, left to right, are Pauline Macaburas of Sugar Land, Sarah Jaehne of Missouri City, Sidney Ortega of Richmond, Bethany Huerta of Richmond, Alexis Waterbury of Lake Jackson, Jakira Hodges of Sugar Land and Violeta Benitez of Housto. Back row, left to right, are Kinjalben Patel of Richmond, Cody Stansberry of Eagle Lake, Elizabeth Holzhuter of Richmond, Glenn Sauquillo of Richmond, Nayelli Cuevas of Houston, Sydney Stephenson of Houston and Shannon Oscarson of Burleson. Not pictured are Vivian Do of Richmond and Siyun Huang of Richmond.
WHARTON, TEXAS – Sixteen students have earned their Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing from Wharton County Junior College. A pinning ceremony was held at the conclusion of the Fall 2022 semester on the Wharton campus.
- Brazoria County: Alexis Waterbury of Lake Jackson
- Colorado County: Cody Stansberry of Eagle Lake
- Fort Bend County: Vivian Do of Richmond, Bethany Huerta of Richmond, Jakira Hodges of Sugar Land, Elizabeth Holzhuter of Richmond, Siyun Huang of Richmond, Sarah Jaehne of Missouri City, Pauline Macaburas of Sugar Land, Sidney Ortega of Richmond, Kinjalben Patel of Richmond and Glenn Sauquillo of Richmond
- Harris County: Violeta Benitez of Houston, Nayelli Cuevas of Houston and Sydney Stephenson of Houston
- Tarrant County: Shannon Oscarson of Burleson
The Associate Degree Nursing program begins in August at the Wharton campus and in January at the Sugar Land campus. A 12-month LVN-ADN transition program begins in May for students already licensed as vocational nurses. Median pay according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is around $75,000 annually.