April 30, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHARTON, TEXAS – Wharton County Junior College instructors have been recognized for their dedication and commitment to their particular fields of study by the National Institute of Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD). Eight WCJC faculty members will receive NISOD Excellence Awards for 2021.
- Pam Armentrout – Instructor of English
- Candy Doriski – Instructor of Biology
- Brady Hutchison – Instructor of History
- Karen Prisner – Instructor of Speech
- Robert Sanchez – Instructor of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Andrea Shropshire – Instructor of Associate Degree Nursing
- David Woods – Instructor of Computer Science
- Kamile Yagci – Instructor of Physics
NISOD’s Excellence Awards recognize men and women each year who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment and contribution to their students and colleagues.
Recipients are celebrated during NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. This year’s event will be held virtually April 28 through April 30.
NISOD is a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching, learning and leadership at community and technical colleges. NISOD provides budget friendly, high quality and faculty-focused programs and resources. For more than 40 years, NISOD’s customer-focused approach has helped align a wide array of benefits with the needs of its members. NISOD hosted its first ceremony honoring NISOD Excellence Award recipients in 1989.
For more information, visit: www.nisod.org