Nov. 24, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHARTON, TEXAS – WCJC students who skipped the Fall 2020 semester due to hardships related to the COVID-19 pandemic may qualify for a $1,000 incentive to return to the classroom.
WCJC’s Director of Financial Aid Leslie Kolojaco said some students who were attending WCJC during the pandemic’s onset were unable to return this fall. Funds from the CARES Hispanic-Serving Institutions Grant will be utilized to provide $1,000 scholarships for students who attended WCJC in Spring 2020 but failed to enroll in Fall 2020.
“Many students faced financial hardships that diminished their ability to pay for tuition and fees or for the necessary technology and supplies needed to attend WCJC in the Fall 2020 semester,” Kolojaco said. “We are hoping that this CARES scholarship will provide these students with the financial support they need to return to WCJC in Spring 2021.”
To be eligible for a CARES Welcome-Back-To-WCJC Scholarships, students must:
- Have been enrolled in at least three credit-hours at WCJC during the Spring 2020 (dual credit is not applicable);
- more -
- Have no enrollment hours at WCJC for the Fall 2020;
- Have a complete 2020-2021 financial aid file at WCJC, including fulfillment of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements;
- Be in good academic standing;
- Enroll in at least six credit hours at WCJC for Spring 2021 and maintain enrollment
Students may submit a scholarship application online by visiting wcjc.edu. The deadline to submit an application is midnight Jan. 21, 2021.