TenarisBayCity is offering scholarships to students who are declaring Manufacturing Technology as their major and who are pursing the Associate of Applied Science degree in Manufacturing Technology or the one-year Mechanical Technician Certificate.
Funding is designed to assist with expenses that include tuition, college fees and course fees over the length of the program as long as the required 2.5 GPA is met.
Criteria for the scholarship program are as follows:
1. Students must have applied to WCJC and declared their major in Manufacturing Technology
with the intent to pursue the Associate of Applied Science Degree or the Mechanical
Technician Certificate offered in that major.
2. Students will have completed a FAFSA.
3. Students will be awarded funding to cover their coursework in their initial semester
of the program; however, subsequent awards under the scholarship will be contingent
upon maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the major and not failing any course in the
4. Subsequent semester funding will be contingent upon maintaining the GPA as specified
in #3 and upon maintaining continuous enrollment in the program. Specifically, if
the student withdraws from any of the coursework in the certificate or associate program,
any remaining balance of the scholarship will be forfeit.
5. In order to receive the scholarship, students must be enrolled in the first semester coursework for Manufacturing Technology as outlined in the program plan. Students that have completed the approved Manufacturing Technology program courses and would like to apply for the scholarship toward completion of the remaining Manufacturing Technology AAS Degree program requirements may also apply.
☐A completed TenarisBayCity Scholarship Application.
ATTN: TenarisBayCity Scholarship – Manufacturing Technology WCJC Bay City Campus
4000 Ave. F, Suite B
Bay City, TX 77414
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
First Middle Last
Number/Street City State Zip
Phone Number: ____________________Date of Birth: _______________
Student Status: ☐New ☐Current
College Major: _______________________________________________
Associate of Applied Science or Mechanical Certificate Program
If Associate of Applied Science, select Track:
Track A: Mechanical Technician
Track B: Electrical Technician
Track C: Instrumentation & Control Technician
Number of hours per semester you will be enrolled: Fall____ Spring____
Do you need financial assistance to attend WCJC: ☐Yes ☐No
Please type responses to the following statements / questions on a separate document.
1) Write a brief statement outlining your education and career goals. 2) Summarize special skills and training, if any.
3) List any activities you are involved in and /or special awards or recognition you have received.
4) Why did you select Manufacturing Technology as your major? 5) What would the TenarisBayCity Scholarship mean to you?
Student’s Signature: ____________________________ Date:___________
No person shall be excluded from participation, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored by Wharton County Junior College on any basis prohibited by applicable law, included but not limited to: race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or handicap