June 20, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Scholarships are now available for students enrolling in Pre-Allied Health Programs who are first time students for the Fall 2019 semester.
WHARTON, TEXAS – Wharton County Junior College in partnership with the M.G. and Lillie A. Johnson Foundation is pleased to announce a special scholarship opportunity for new students enrolling at WCJC for the fall semester of 2019.
Students who are enrolling at WCJC for the first time for the fall semester 2019, who have a declared Pre-Allied Health Program major and are a resident of Aransas, Bee, Calhoun, Colorado, Dewitt, Goliad, Gonzales, Jackson, Karnes, Lavaca, Matagorda, Refugio, Victoria, Waller and Wharton counties or the Needville ISD district are invited to apply for a WCJC/Johnson Foundation Scholarship.
These scholarships are in the amount of $2,000. The scholarships will be awarded in two installments: $1,000 for fall semester 2019 enrollment and $1,000 for spring semester 2020.
Additional criteria for the scholarships include:
- Completed admission to the college with the designated major (see above)
- Enrollment for 12 hours for fall semester for courses on the correct major pathway
- Achieve a 2.0 grade point average for the fall semester 2019 to be awarded for the spring semester 2020
- Enrollment in 12 credit hours for the spring semester 2020
- Remain in good standing with all aspects of the college
Applications are available on the WCJC website scholarship page. The application deadline is July 30, 2019.
Visit the following link for the scholarship application:
Questions can be directed to either the Office of Student Services at 979-532-6388 or the Office of Financial Aid at 979-532-6345.