Feb. 6, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHARTON, TEXAS – The Wharton community and surrounding areas outside of Wharton are experiencing virus-type illnesses. These illnesses are not related to services provided by the Wharton County Junior College cafeteria.
Please remember to:
• avoid contact with people who are ill
• limit contact with others when you are ill
• use a tissue to cover mouth and nose when you sneeze, and throw the tissue in the trash
• wash hands often with soap and water (if soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand rub)
• avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes as germs can easily spread
• clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people with the flu stay home for at least 24 hours after their fever is gone except to get medical care or necessities (the fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine). According to the CDC, flu season peaks December to February.