The WCJC Richmond campus is open for TCEQ testing Tuesdays - Thursdays. Please check the scheduling calendar(s) for available days/times.
Appointments are required.
Please make sure that your TCEQ application acceptance letter is current and valid before making an appointment. If TCEQ has not approved your application or it has expired, your test will not come up. Please contact TCEQ regarding any issues with your acceptance status.
TCEQ tests are given by special appointment at the Richmond Testing Center only.
The mission of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. TCEQ's goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
Additional information can be found at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) website.
Before making an appointment
- Before making an appointment, you must have completed your application process with TCEQ and received confirmation of your approval to test through either a letter or on your online account.
- Applicants are given four attempts in a year's time.
- Your approval period must be active and you must still have attempts available in order to test.
Making an appointment
- Appointments are available most Tuesdays-Thursdays. Please see the Testing Schedule page for Richmond's calendars with available days and times.
- Contact the Richmond center via phone or e-mail for an appointment:
Tina Kollmann, Coordinator of Testing Services
- When making your appointment, please have the following information ready:
- full name
- test you are taking
- day and time you and interested in scheduling
On Test Day
You will need three things on test day.
Non-expired government photo ID is required to test.
- Receipt from the WCJC Business Office (cashier's window) that you have paid your $25 testing fee.
On your test date, please pay the $25 proctoring fee at the campus Business Office (Richmond TC-125; cash, check, credit, debit accepted). You must bring your receipt to your testing appointment! Receipts are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be reprinted. Please save your receipt for yours or your company's records.
- TCEQ approval
Your TCEQ acceptance letter must be valid and not expired for the area you want to test in in order to test. If TCEQ has not approved your acceptance or your letter has expired or run out of attempts, a test will not come up and you will not be able to test.
You do not need to bring the physical letter with you to your appointment in order to test but it is HIGHLY recommended so that if there is an issue with starting your test, the information needed to contact TCEQ for assistance is close at hand.
- Basic calculators are allowed for the exam. Calculators will be provided if you do not have your own.
TCEQ license examinations are timed with time limits ranging from 2-6 hours depending on the exam.
- Your results will be printed immediately upon test completion for your records.
A retest fee of $25.00 will be required for each attempt at a TCEQ exam. Testing staff will notify you if same day retakes are available the day you come in. TCEQ limits attempts to two per day.
All personal items, including cell phones and smart devices, will be stored during your test. Cell phones must be powered OFF when stored. Storage is limited. Please bring as little with you as possible. The Testing Center is a gun-free zone, pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code. Please review the TCEQ website for exceptions. Current exceptions include: Municipal Solid Waste exam applicants are allowed to use training manuals and notes (open book exam).