The mission of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. TCEQ's goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
TCEQ tests are given by special appointment at the WCJC Richmond Testing Center. Please check the Testing schedule for available dates.
- Contact, by email or phone, Testing staff at the Richmond Testing Center to schedule a testing appointment. Contact information appears at the bottom of the page. Please mention the specific TCEQ exam you are taking.
- On your test date, please pay the $25 proctoring fee at the campus Business Office (Richmond TC-125; cash, check, credit, debit accepted). You must bring your receipt to your testing appointment! Receipts are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be reprinted.
- Bring your receipt, your approval letter, and your non-expired government photo ID to your testing appointment.
- TCEQ license examinations are timed, with time limits ranging from 2-4 hours depending on the exam.
- A retest fee of $25.00 will be required for each attempt at a TCEQ exam. We do not allow back-to-back retesting on the same day.
- All personal items, including cell phones and smart devices, will be stored during your test. The Testing Center is a gun-free zone, pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code. Please review the TCEQ website for exceptions. Current exceptions include: Municipal Solid Waste exam applicants are allowed to use training manuals and notes (open book exam).
- Your results will be printed immediately upon test completion.
Additional information can be found at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) website.
Tina Kollmann, Testing Technician, email@example.com, Richmond Campus: 281-239-1532
Chris Ramsey, Coordinator of Testing Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wharton Campus: 979-532-6386