Calculus Placement Testing
The Accuplacer Next Generation Advanced Algebra and Functions (AALF) Exam is for students who excel mathematically but do not have the prerequisites for entry into Calculus I (MATH 2413).
- The AALF test must be administered at a WCJC Testing Center.
- A maximum of two AALF Calculus Placement Tests can be taken in 365 days.
- No credit is given for any course; only permission to take Calculus I is granted.
- Students who score from 276 to 300, inclusive, will be given a signed Petition For Entry for Calc I at WCJC, which they can take to the Admissions Office to register.
- Calculators are not allowed for the exam. An on-screen calculator is embedded into the test.
- A fee of $20, payable to the WCJC Business Office, is required for each AALF test.
- Appointments are required. Contact your local WCJC Testing Center to make an appointment. WCJC ID number, receipt for payment, and valid photo ID are required at time of appointment in order to test.
Study Material and Information
- Test concepts: linear equations, linear applications and graphs, factoring, quadratics, functions, radical and rational equations, polynomial equations, exponential and logarithmic equations, geometry concepts for algebra I and II, trigonometry.
- Practice Exams available at http://www.accuplacerpracticetest.com/