Vocational Support Services
You may qualify for funding!
The Carl D. Perkins Grant at WCJC is a federally funded program that provides community colleges with resources to develop and maintain programs in Career and Technical Education.
Students majoring in an Associate of Applied Science Degree or one-year certificate as listed in the WCJC course catalog may be eligible for financial support.
Financial assistance eligibility is based upon the student’s major, economic need, full-time status, and availability of Carl D. Perkin Vocation and Technology Grant funds.
Do I qualify?
You may be eligible for Perkins funds if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including low-income youth and
adults. The following guidelines are used to determine whether an individual is economically
- annual income at or below the federal poverty line
- eligibility for Aid to Families with Dependent Children or other public assistance programs (including WIC program participants)
- receipt of a Pell Grant or comparable state program of need-based financial assistance
- participation or eligible for JTPA programs included under Title II
- eligible for benefits under the Food Stamp Act of 1977 or the Health and Humans Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines
- Individuals preparing for occupation in nontraditional fields (Ex: Males in Nursing, Females in Welding)
- Single parents, including single pregnant women
- Out-of-workforce individuals
- Homeless individuals
- Youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system
- Youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces and is on active duty
- Individuals with other barriers to educational achievement, including individuals with limited English proficiency
Available Grant Funding
Childcare is reimbursed at $10.00 per day per family. Childcare funding cannot be awarded from another source and Perkins at the same time. Reimbursement is made at the end of each month. Registration or supply fees are not included. The rate is subject to change.
Mileage is reimbursed at $0.10 per mile. The rate is subject to change.
TechConnect program offers Career and Technical Education students digital resources for long-term rental. Students majoring in an Associate of Applied Science Degree or one-year certificate as listed in the WCJC course catalog may qualify for the TechConnect program.
Devices Available -
- ACER 15.3 inch Laptops
- LogiTech External Webcams
How to Apply