Online tutoring is available for all students through SmarThinking. SmarThinking provides online tutoring in Mathematics (Basic Skills - Calculus II), Writing, General Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology, Accounting, Economics, Spanish, and Statistics. Online math tutors are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week during the school year; however, tutors in other disciplines may have varying schedules. Over 80% of SmarThinking online tutors have a Masters or PhD in their respective disciplines, and they average eight years of teaching experience.
To access the tutoring services, follow these steps:
- Go to WCJC Blackboard, wcjc.blackboard.com
- Login with WCJC student ID and password.
- Click on "Launch SmarThinking"
From there, students can utilize up to 25 hours of tutoring per academic year, including the following:
- "Drop-in" for live tutoring
- Submit questions for a response within twenty-four hours
- Submit essays for a review by a tutor
- Pre-schedule sessions
- View archives of past sessions
Please feel free to contact Natalie Stavinoha, WCJC Retention Coordinator, at 979-532-6964 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need further assistance.