Wharton County Junior College is committed to providing a discrimination-free environment for our students with disabilities, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Students with disabilities are encouraged to inform the college of any assistance they may need upon application for admission to attend WCJC. Early self-identification by the student will allow students to receive approved accommodations as quickly as possible.
Disability information is strictly confidential and is not released without consent of the student. Additionally, disability information is not part of a student's WCJC academic records or academic transcript.Steps to Apply for Accommodations:
- Schedule an ADA Intake and Orientation meeting by contacting the WCJC Coordinator of Disability Services at email@example.com or call 979-532-6384. It is important to schedule this appointment early, preferably a minimum of one month prior to your first semester of enrollment.
- Bring documentation of disability to your ADA Intake and Orientation meeting. Review the Documentation Guidelines prior to your intake meeting, collect all required documents, and ensure you have documentation available for your meeting.
- Attend your Orientation meeting to review the documentation of disability and discuss your accommodations for college with the WCJC Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Before you leave your Orientation meeting, check to be sure that there is no other documentation required. Ask any questions that you may have, especially if this is your first time meeting with the Coordinator.
- If you are approved for accommodation, an Action Plan will be written up that is specific to you and your needs. You will not be charged any fees for accommodations that are approved and written into your Action Plan by the Coordinator of Disability Services.
WCJC students must request continuation of their approved accommodations each semester,
preferably at least one month prior to the start of a semester. The Request for Continuation
must be submitted each semester by contacting the Office of Disability Services at
For additional information regarding accommodations, or to schedule an appointment, please contact the WCJC Coordinator of Disability Services.
Dr. Jimmie Flanagin; firstname.lastname@example.org; 979-532-6384Student Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the student with a disability to voluntarily and confidentially
disclose information regarding the nature and extent of their disability. Wharton
County Junior College does not assume responsibility for providing special accommodations
and services to students who have not identified themselves as having a qualifying
disability, who have not made their need known, and requested accommodations in a
Disability Services Resources: