New Student Orientation is REQUIRED for all first semester WCJC students who have never attended a college or university. This includes high school graduates who have completed dual credit courses while in high school. Transfer students, transient students, dual credit or concurrent credit high school students are NOT required to attend Orientation for New Students.
The Spring semester 2019 begins January 22, 2019. Complete all admission steps as early as possible prior to the start of the semester.
- Students can choose an In Person New Student Orientation session or complete the Online New Student Orientation.
- All WCJC admission steps must be completed in order to be able to register for classes.
- Check your admission status online before attempting an In Person Orientation, Early Advising Session, or meeting with an academic advisor.
Use the information below to register or complete your New Student Orientation requirement.
In Person New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is offered by your campus staff to help new WCJC students be as successful as possible at WCJC. Our goal is to answer your questions and help you get started on the right foot. We'll provide you with a clear map of what it will take to reach your educational goal. The college's research clearly indicates that students who attend NSO are much more likely to be successful during their first year. NSO creates successful students!
In Person NSO sessions are approximately 3 hours long. You will learn the basics of being successful college student and leave with your Spring schedule 2019 completed.
Use the link below to sign up for your preferred location & date
In person NSO sign up will end 3 days before each session
- All required admission steps except advising and orientation must be completed before attending in person NSO
Once the in person orientation sessions are no longer available, students must complete the online orientation prior to meeting with an academic advisor or attend an advising session (indicated below) for primary advising.
Space is limited!
Online New Student Orientation
Click on this link to your Admission Status account. Follow the steps to login, click on the Student tab, navigate to the Online Orientation or New Students link, and complete the entire New Student Orientation. Work at your own pace. It takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete. You can sign out and sign back in later to finish the final test and survey.
After you successfully complete the Online Orientation:
1. NEW opportunity for proactive students: Attend an early advising session with a scheduled time and minimal waiting. Space is limited to students only! No guests or family members please. Click the campus link below to sign up for your early academic advising session and then get registered for your spring semester 2019 classes.
Sugar Land Campus location (Brazos Hall)
Space is limited!
If you are not TSI satisfied and/or working toward an associate of arts:
Meet with an academic advisor as the final step before registering for classes. Individual academic advising is available on a walk-in basis on each campus location during regular academic advising hours , except during early advising sessions indicated above or in person NSO dates. Academic advising will be unavailable except for those students attending in person NSO appointments on the following dates: June 18-21 in Sugar Land only and July 4, July 13, July 20 at all campus locations.
If you are working toward a certificate or associate of applied science and are either not required to have a TSI test or are TSI satisfied:
Meet with your certificate or associate of arts major pathway department for your academic advising.
Only for use during in person NSO sessions.
Only for use at conclusion of Advising Session for New Students