New Student Orientation is REQUIRED for all first semester WCJC students who have never attended a college or university. This includes high school graduates who have completed dual credit courses while in high school. Transfer students, transient students, dual credit or concurrent credit high school students are NOT required to attend Orientation for New Students.
Registration for classes for May Mini Term 2019 and Summer 2019 starts April 1, 2019. Registration for fall 2019 classes begins Friday, June 21, 2019. Complete all admission steps as early as possible prior to the start of the semester.
- Students can choose an In Person New Student Orientation session or complete the Online New Student Orientation.
Currently Online New Student Orientation is the available option.
- All WCJC admission steps must be completed in order to be able to register for classes.
- Check your admission status online before attempting a meeting with an academic advisor.
Use the information below to complete your New Student Orientation requirement.
Online New Student Orientation
1. Click on this link to your Admission Status account or go to the wcjc.edu homepage, scroll down and click on the right side of page where it shows "Admission Status". Follow the steps to login, click on the bottom of the page where it says "Online New Student Orientation" and again at the bottom of the page.
2. Complete the entire New Student Orientation. Work at your own pace. It takes approximately 1 1/2 hours but is not timed. You can sign out and sign back in if needed to complete it. At the end finish the final test and survey.
After you complete the Online New Student Orientation:
If you are not TSI satisfied and/or working toward an Associate of Arts degree:
Meet with an academic advisor as the final step before registering for classes. Individual academic advising is available on a walk-in basis on each campus location during regular academic advising hours ,
If you are working toward a Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree:
Meet with your certificate or associate of arts major pathway department for your academic advising.
In Person New Student Orientation
Currently the Online New Student Orientation is the option for completion of the Mandatory Orientation requirement. Please review the information located above about Online New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation (NSO) is offered by your campus staff to help new WCJC students be as successful as possible at WCJC. Our goal is to answer your questions and help you get started on the right foot. We'll provide you with a clear map of what it will take to reach your educational goal. The college's research clearly indicates that students who attend NSO are much more likely to be successful during their first year. NSO creates successful students!
In Person NSO sessions are approximately 3 hours long. You will learn the basics of being successful college student and leave with your schedule completed.
Use the link below to sign up for your preferred location & date
In person NSO sign up will end 3 days before each session
- All required admission steps except advising and orientation must be completed before attending in person NSO
Once the in person orientation sessions are no longer available, students must complete the online orientation prior to meeting with an academic advisor or attend an advising session (indicated below) for primary advising.
In Person New Student Orientation Registration Form
Space is limited!
Only for use during in person NSO sessions.
Only for use at conclusion of Advising Session for New Students