First-Year Follow-Up sessions allow WCJC students to check-in with an Academic Advisor during their first semester at WCJC. These sessions are designed to ensure that you are on the right track and have an opportunity to ask questions and receive personalized support. In a First-Year Follow-Up meeting, students are able to:
- Receive information about academic support services.
- Ask questions that have arisen since you started at WCJC.
- Provide feedback regarding your experiences and make suggestions for improvements.
- Prepare for end-of-semester finals.
- Plan for your next semester by developing a course schedule that fits your needs.
Contact UsFirst-year follow-up sessions occur in October. Beginning in September, online sign-up
will be made available for students to schedule their sessions.
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to ensure advisors are available and to reduce wait times. Walk-ins are available, but are not guaranteed a spot in a First-Year Follow-Up session.If you have recently attended a First-Year Follow-Up session, please respond to our Satisfaction Survey regarding your experience.