Academic Advisors are here to help you successfully navigate through your college
experience. Our mission is to provide you with relevant and timely information that will enable
you to reach your educational goals. Advising staff can provide you with assistance
in a variety of areas, including:
- Degree selection and planning;
- Academic development and support, such as test-taking skills development;
- Career testing and selection;
- Identifying graduation requirements;
- Selecting a four-year transfer institution;
- And so much more!
Office Hours and Contact Information
Academic Advisors are available year-round (except on WCJC holidays), Monday through
Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, please
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to ensure advisors are available and to reduce wait times. Walk-in appointments are available, as needed.
Online Academic Advising
To meet with an online advisor, click on the "Need Help?" icon on the bottom right-hand
side of this screen. If online advisors are unavailable, you will be prompted to leave a message and
an advisor will get back to you within 48 hours.
When should I meet with an advisor?
- Prior to registration opening for next semester.
- Any time you have questions about your current or future academic progress.
- If you are struggling with your classes and need academic support.
- When you are ready to graduate or transfer to a four-year institution.
- If you are on academic probation or suspension.
- All new, incoming students must meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes.
For more information, please refer to our Primary Advising webpage.
- Any time you need help with achieving your academic goals!