RAVE MOBILE SAFETY
Login at https://www.getrave.com/login/wcjc
Wharton County Junior College has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety to provide an emergency alert system capable of delivering messages to your WCJC and personal email addresses, as well as your land line and cell phone.
We have enrolled you, using your WCJC email address, in the program at no additional expense to you. We encourage you to login to the Rave Mobile Safety site to confirm your contact information and choose your notification preferences. (Note that your cellular phone provider may charge a per-text message fee for the delivery of emergency notifications to your phone).
Register with RAVE in order to receive important emergency communications via text message and/or email (such as school closings/delays).
To manage your account, please visit https://www.getrave.com/login/wcjc. The first time you log in, you will be able to add your cell phone number, your home phone number or an additional email address.
Students/Admits register with your WCJC username and password.
- Students, your username is your WCJC student email prefix (everything before the @student.wcjc.edu) and your password is your student email password.
Employees login with your WCJC username just as you do when logging into your campus computer or through Outlook Web Access (everything before the @wcjc.edu) and network password (do not include the wcjc\ before the username).
HELP: Contact Security at Security@wcjc.edu or 979-532-6523 if you need additional assistance registering with RAVE.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 979-532-6568 if you need your network password reset.
Please keep these things in mind:
- More information is better; if there are problems with congested phone networks, for
instance, having text messaging addresses, emails, etc. may help us reach you sooner.
- It’s okay to enter an off-campus home phone number if you wish for your family also
to be advised of any urgent on-campus situation.
- Due to the instant nature of the service, all devices will be contacted simultaneously,
including your cell phone, email, SMS, home phone, etc.
- Please provide phone numbers and/or text addresses that reach you directly, not general lines like dorm pay phones, general office lines, etc.
Security Contact Numbers
WCJC Security Department
Wharton: (979) 532-6523
WCJC Security Department
Fort Bend: (281) 239-1501
WCJC Security Department (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm)
Bay City: (979) 244-4552
Bay City Police Department (After 5 pm and on Weekends and Holidays)
University of Houston Security Department
Sugar Land: (832) 842-2929