Texas Government Code Section 659.026 (b) Information
- Wharton County Junior College employed 373 full time personnel during 2018.
- The College received state appropriations of $9,430,172 for fiscal 2018 and $9,159,618
for fiscal 2017.
- Regulation 838: Equation of Experience for Faculty and Administrative Staff outlines
the college’s compensation of executive staff. The Director of Human Resources determines
the compensation with Vice President or Presidential approval. https://www.wcjc.edu/About-Us/documents/regs/Reg838.pdf
- The college has had Directors and Deans receive PPAs (supplements) in the past.
- A market average for similar executive staff in the private and public sectors is
- The average compensation paid to employees who are not executive staff is $49,601.
- The percentage increase in compensation of executive staff for each fiscal year of
five preceding fiscal years is as follows: FY19 1.34% FY18 1.30% FY17 1.99% FY16
1.34% FY 15 1.36% and FY14 2.79%
(Source: Business Office, Human Resources, and Payroll Departments)