Texas Government Code Section 659.026 (b) Information
- Wharton County Junior College employed 333 full time personnel during 2020.
- The College received state appropriations of $9,695,668 for fiscal 2020 and $9,423,975
for fiscal 2019
- Equation of Experience for Faculty and Administrative Staff outlines the college’s
compensation of executive staff. The Director of Human Resources determines the compensation
with Vice President or Presidential approval. https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/1212?filename=DEA(LOCAL).html&title=COMPENSATION%20AND%20BENEFITS&subtitle=SALARIES%20AND%20WAGES
- The college has had Directors and Deans receive PPAs (supplements) in the past.
- A market average for similar executive staff in the private and public sectors is
- The average compensation paid to employees who are not executive staff is $53,958.
- The percentage increase in compensation of executive staff for each fiscal year of five preceding fiscal years is as follows: FY21 0.0% FY 20 12.27% FY19 1.34% FY18 1.30% FY17 1.99% FY16 1.34% FY 15 1.36% and FY14 2.79%
(Source: Business Office, Human Resources, and Payroll Departments)