Tutorial videos contain audio; please turn on speakers!!
Library Orientation: Video overview of library services, basic research strategies, and database directions. Click on notepad button on the lower toolbar to access an interactive table of contents. Viewer receives a score after taking a test linked from the last slide.
Citation Skills and Plagiarism Prevention: Instructional video on creating citations, avoiding plagiarism, and formatting documents using APA and/or MLA style. Click on notepad button on the lower toolbar to access an interactive table of contents. Viewer receives a score after taking a test linked from the last slide.
Finding Library Books: Instruction from Library Catalog-OPAC-Discovery (EOS)
Please note: A registered student can log in remotely to our subscription databases 24/7 through the library proxy server at http://libproxy.wcjc.cc.tx.us/login or the WCJC web site at http://www.wcjc.edu. Select Library, choose Find Articles, and click on Databases (Proxy Server). Enter Username: last name (either upper or low case is fine) and Password: birth date (enter as MMDDYYYY, example: 01211985)
- Newspaper Articles - Instructional video and Pathfinder (handouts)
- Literature Criticism - Instructional video and Pathfinder (handouts)
- Medical Articles and Reference - Instructional video and Pathfinder (handouts)
Finding e-Books : Instruction from EBSCO
Vendors Host Tutorials/Help Guides:
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
- Biography in Context (Gale)
- CINAHL with Full Text
- CQ Researcher
- eLibrary (ProQuest)
- Learning Express Library-Assessment/Licensing Test Preparation
- Literature Resource Center (Gale)