All applicants MUST apply and meet all admission requirements to Wharton County Junior
College. The following items must be completed for acceptance into the Police Academy:
- Complete and return the Police Academy Application to the academy office. You may do this by email, mail, fax, or hand delivery. The
required registration/information packet will be sent to you as soon as they are prepared
for the requested class. We can send the information to you via email or mail.
- All applicants MUST successfully complete and pass the physical agility entrance assessment.
A list of dates will be included in the packet. An appointment may be scheduled with
the academy office for the requested date. You will be required to perform the following:
- 1 1/2 mile timed run: 18 minutes 30 seconds
- Push-ups: 15 in one minute
- Sit-ups: 20 in one minute
- All applicants MUST pass a psychological examination with the Academy's designated licensed psychologist. (See academy packet for details/required form) Fee: $200
- All applicants MUST pass a physical examination w/drug screen from the Academy's designated
physician. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- All applicants MUST pass a Criminal Background check. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- Registration of classes may be completed at any of our WCJC campuses. A registration form will be provided in the academy packet. Tuition/Fees are due at time of registration.