The History Department of Wharton County Junior College has these purposes:
- To provide the student with an understanding of the development of American History
- To provide the student with a working knowledge of the evolution of the U. S. in perspective
to the global community (1302).
- To facilitate a greater understanding of citizenship among students (both courses).
The objectives used to reach these goals include:
- Cultivate students analytical thinking skills regarding the development of American
History (1301) and its evolution into the context of the present day (1302).
- Increase students basic ability to identify and to understand the primary components
of historical development.
- To ensure that students understand the cyclical principals of history with relation
to the past and present (1301, 1302).
- Build students basis of understanding of the U. S. and its history in relation to the global community.