Wharton County Junior College offers students a flexible, convenient way to earn college credit by providing a variety of distance education in online, hybrid and interactive television (ITV) formats.
Distance education courses will be of the same quality and academic rigor as traditional classroom courses. Students are expected to establish and maintain high levels of involvement and interaction throughout the semester. While distance learning classes give students more scheduling flexibility, they also require good time management skills and self-motivation for successful completion. They may not suit every student's needs, expectations, or learning style.
Take our self-assessment to determine if online courses are a good fit for you.
For additional information about our online classes, please visit: Blackboard Access Page
Here you will find the following information:
- Getting Started
- Blackboard Access (WCJC's online learning management system)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Computer Requirements and Browser Check
- Help Desk
- Additional Information for Students
- Course Development and Support
- Online Faculty Training Schedule
- DE Faculty Handbook
- Additional Information for Faculty
For more information about our distance education programs, please contact one of our staff members.