College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
On Exam day Be prepared to bring the following to the test center:
- A valid registration ticket from My Account registration portal. Registration forms or printouts that are required by the test center.
- Make sure you have filled out all necessary paperwork in advance of your testing date.Your driver's license, passport or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature, as well as a secondary form of ID that includes a photo and/or your signature, such as a student ID.
- You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your primary ID must match the name on your registration ticket.Military test-takers, bring your military ID and Social Security card.
- Home-schoolers, if you do not have the required government-issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which is valid for one year. The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo, with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary.
- If you fail to present appropriate ID, you will not be tested.
- Administration fees: Bring administration fee to the test center.
Exam fee is $80.00 payable to CLEP (Students should go to My Account to register and pay for the CLEP exam, they will then print their Registration ticket and bring this in on test day.)
Administration fee is $15.00 payable to WCJC - (total fee) $95.00 (Students should go to the WCJC Business office to pay this fee and bring the receipt to the testing center on test day.)
After registering students should call the WCJC Testing Center of their choice to schedule an appointment.
Wharton Campus: 979-532-6386
Richmond Campus: 281-239-1532
Sugar Land Campus: 281-243-8434
Credit for selected courses at Wharton County Junior College may be obtained by special examinations in accordance with the following policies:
- Credit by examination may not be acquired in courses in which the student is or has been enrolled for credit past the 12th class day of each semester or in an academic discipline in which the student has earned credit in a more advanced course.
- No credit by examination is applicable until the student has earned an equivalent number of hours at Wharton County Junior College.
- Not more than sixteen semester hours may be earned by examinations in transfer courses or more than twenty-two semester hours in vocational-technical courses.
- Grades of A, B, or C are granted with credit in the courses below.
- Your CLEP grade will determine the letter grade that will show on your transcript. A ( 70-79), B (60-69), C (50-59)
- CLEP exams are given on an appointment basis at the Wharton, Richmond and Sugar Land Campuses.
- For the Spanish exam an "A" gives the student credit for 4 courses, a "B" gives credit for 3 courses, and a "C" gives credit for 2 courses.
CLEP Subject Test
WCJC Courses and Credit in Semester Hours
|Chemisty||CHEM 1411 and 1412 (8 hours)|
|English Composition||ENGL 1301 (3 hours)|
|American History I, II||HIST 1301 AND 1302 (6 hours)|
|Western Civilization I, II||HIST 2311 and 2312|
|Pre-calculus||MATH 2312 (3 hours)|
|College Algebra||MATH 1314 (3 hours)|
|Calculus I||MATH 2413 (4 hours)|
|Introductory Macroeconomics||ECON 2301 (3 hours)|
|Introductory Microeconomics||ECON 2302 (3 hours)|
|Introduction to General Psychology||PSYC 2301 (3 hours)|
|Human Growth and Development||PSYC 2314 (3 hours)|
|Elementary Spanish||SPAN 1411, 1412, 2311, or 2312 (14 hours)|
|Introduction to Sociology||SOCI 1301 (3 hours)|
For information on study guides and sample test questions please CLICK HERE.