Students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the detailed requirements of their chosen degrees and for preparing themselves to meet those requirements.
Deadlines for applying for graduation are:
- July 15 – August graduation
- November 1 – December graduation
- April 1 – May graduation
Students must complete and submit to the Office of Admissions and Registration Application for Graduation Form. Caps and gowns are ordered through the WCJC bookstores. The Office of Student Services may provide announcements.
Students that graduate in August or December have the opportunity to walk in the May graduation ceremony, as there is only one walking ceremony per year.
General requirements for graduation for the Associate of Arts degree or the Associate of Applied Science degree are as follows:
- All entrance requirements must be fulfilled.
- Candidates who entered college after the fall of 1989 must demonstrate proficiency
in basic skills either by passing all three sections (Reading, Writing, Math)
- All financial obligations must be met.
- At least sixty semester hours must be earned.
- A grade point average of at least 2.0 ("C") must be earned.
- Candidates must complete at least twenty-four semester hours at Wharton County Junior
- Candidates must complete at least fifteen hours of sophomore-level courses.
- When requirements for degrees are met during the summer session or fall semester, diplomas are mailed to recipients.