Wharton County Junior College ONLY accepts International Students who are accepted into the Nuclear Program Program at the Bay City Campus.
International Student Types Accepted at WCJC
- F-1 new student: Seeking the F-1 visa to pursue WCJC’s Nuclear Technology program.
- F-1 transfer student: Current F-1 visa students with an unexpired I-20 and intend to transfer to WCJC from another U.S. college, university, or authorized English language institute.
International Student Enrollment Overview:
Follow these steps to be admitted to WCJC and enroll in the Nuclear Technology Program at Wharton County Junior College, Bay City campus.
1. Apply for admissions by completing the Apply Texas application at Apply Texas. Applications must be submitted no later than 45 days prior to the start of the semester of first enrollment.
2.Submit Required Documents
- F-1 new student: High school transcript with a graduation date,valid passport and visa.
- F-1 transfer student: college/university transcript, F-1 visa or F-1 status approval notice, Form I-20 (previous and current forms), Form I-94 arrival/departure card, high school transcript, valid passport, WCJC international student application.
- Notarized Affidavit of Support dated within 6 months from the beginning of the semester. The amount required is $40,000.00 which is the estimated cost of tuition, fees, housing and living expenses for two (2) years.
- Support evidence (bank statement): Applicant must have required finances. The F-1 student cannot work with authorization and there is no financial aid available.
3.Take English proficiency test
The language of instruction at WCJC is English. If the student’s native language is not English, the student must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Test takers should provide the following address to have their official score sent to WCJC:
Wharton County Junior College
Attn: Admissions & Registration
911 Boling Hwy
Wharton, TX 77488
Institutional Code for WCJC is 6939
- Minimum scores
- A TOEFL score of 530 (paper-based test) or 71 (Internet-based test) with a 53 composite score in reading, listening, and writing sections, or an IELTS overall band score of 5.5 required for admissions.
- The student graduated from a U.S. high school after attending there at least two years.
- Exempt from the English proficiency assessment if your home country’s native language is English
Information concerning test dates, test centers, and procedures is available from the TOEFL website and IELTS website.
4. Pay Non-Refundable Application Fee
The International Student Application fee is $100.00. WCJC will notify students via email once your application to WCJC is accepted. Only those students who are admitted will complete the next steps. Allow at least 2 weeks for processing documents.
5. Report to the Office of Admissions & Registration at the WCJC Wharton campus at least two weeks before the semester starts. Bring the following original documents:
- Passport with F-1 visa
- I-94 card (Print a copy if you have an electronic I-94)WCJC I-20
- After the student receives the printed I-20 they will complete the I-901 form and pay the $200.00 SEVIS fee
- After the student arrives they will need to take the TSIA and have the results back before they can enroll in any course work
6. Complete Orientation and Primary Advising
The Office of Admission and Registration will assist International Students with the admission process. Please contact Mary Ann Glaze, Student Service Specialist for Admission at 979-532-6454 or at her email address Maryanng@wcjc.edu for assistance.