Online tutoring is available for all students through SmarThinking. SmarThinking provides online tutoring in Mathematics (Basic Skills - Calculus II), Writing, General Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology, Accounting, Economics, Spanish, and Statistics. Online math tutors are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week during the school year; however, tutors in other disciplines may have varying schedules. Over 80% of SmarThinking online tutors have a Masters or PhD in their respective disciplines, and they average eight years of teaching experience.
To access the tutoring services, follow these steps:
- Go to WCJC Online Services on the homepage—www.wcjc.edu.
- Login with WCJC student ID and password.
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid.From the menu, choose SmarThinking Online Tutoring.
- Click Online Tutoring. The first time you log in, you will need to search for Wharton County Junior College by name or state, but after that first time, you will not need to perform a search.
From there, students can utilize up to 25 hours of tutoring per academic year, including the following:
- "Drop-in" for live tutoring
- Submit questions for a response within twenty-four hours
- Submit essays for a review by a tutor
- Pre-schedule sessions
- View archives of past sessions
Please feel free to contact Natalie Stavinoha, WCJC Retention Coordinator, at 979-532-6964 or email@example.com if you have questions or need further assistance.