- Students can choose an In Person New Student Orientation session or complete the Online New Student Orientation.
- All WCJC admission steps must be completed in order to be able to register for classes.
- Check your admission status online before attempting an In Person Orientation or Advising Session
Use the information below to register or complete your New Student Orientation requirement.
Online New Student Orientation
Click on this link to your Admission Status account. Follow the steps to login, click on the Student tab, navigate to the Online Orientation or New Students link, and complete the entire New Student Orientation. Work at your own pace. It takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete. You can sign out and sign back in later to finish the final test and survey.
After you successfully complete the Online Orientation:
1. Attend a group advising session June 30 (Wharton) or August 4 (Sugar Land) with a scheduled time and minimal waiting. Space is limited to students only! No guests or family members please. Click the campus link below to sign up for your session and then get registered for your first semester fall 2017 classes.
Sugar Land Campus location (Brazos Hall)
Wharton Campus location(Pioneer Student Center)
Space is limited!
2. Meet with an academic advisor as the final step before registering for classes. Individual academic advising is available on a walk-in basis on each campus location during regular academic advising hours , except during group advising sessions or NSO dates. Academic advising will be unavailable except for those student with Advising Session or NSO appointments on the following dates: June 30, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, August 4, August 11, August 16 , August 17, August 18.
In Person New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is offered by your campus staff to help new WCJC students be as successful as possible at WCJC. Our goal is to answer your questions and help you get started on the right foot. We'll provide you with a clear map of what it will take to reach your educational goal. The college's research clearly indicates that students who attend NSO are much more likely to be successful during their first year. NSO creates successful students!
In Person NSO sessions are approximately 3 hours long. You will learn the basics of being successful college student and leave with your fall schedule 2017 completed.
Use the link below to sign up for your preferred location & date (June 30 in Wharton or August 4 in Sugar Land)
In person NSO sign up will end 3 days before each session
- All required admission steps except advising must be completed before attending in person NSO
Once the in person orientation sessions are no longer available, students must complete the online orientation prior to meeting with an academic advisor or attend an advising session (indicated above) for primary advising.
Space is limited!
Only for use during in person NSO sessions.
Only for use at conclusion of Advising Session for New Students