- Students can choose an In Person (preferred) New Student Orientation session or complete the Online New Student Orientation.
- All WCJC admission steps must be completed in order to be able to register for classes.
- Check you admission status online before attempting an in person orientation or advising session
Use the information below to register or complete your New Student Orientation requirement.
Online New Student Orientation
Click on this link to your Admission Status account. Follow the steps to login, click on the Student tab, navigate to the Online Orientation or New Students link, and complete the entire New Student Orientation. Work at your own pace. It takes approximately 1 1/4 hours to complete. You can sign out and sign back in later to finish the final test and survey.
1. Meet with an academic advisor as the final step before registering for classes. Individual advising is available on a walk-in basis on each campus during regular academic advising hours except during group advising session or new student orientation dates listed below.
June 30, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, August 4, August 11, August 18
2. Attend a group advising session July and August 2017 with a scheduled time and minimal waiting. Space is limited to students only! No guests or family members please. Click the campus link below to sign up for your session and then get registered for your first semester fall 2017 classes.
Sugar Land Campus location (Brazos Hall)
Wharton Campus location (Pioneer Student Center)
Space is limited!
In Person New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is offered by your campus staff to help new WCJC students be as successful as possible at WCJC. Our goal is to answer your questions and help you get started on the right foot. We'll provide you with a clear map of what it will take to reach your educational goal. The college's research clearly indicates that students who attend NSO are much more likely to be successful during their first year. NSO creates successful students!
In Person NSO sessions are approximately 3 hours long. You will learn the basics of being successful college student and leave with your fall schedule 2017 completed.
Use the link below to sign up for your preferred location & date (June 30, Wharton and August 4, Sugar Land)
In person NSO sign up will end 3 days before each session
- All required admission steps except advising must be completed before attending in person NSO
Once the in person orientation sessions are completed, students must complete the online orientation prior to meeting with an academic advisor for primary advising.
Space is limited!
Parent Orientation- offered prior to fall semesters only
New dates coming soon for August 2017
These sessions are for parents or other student support members. Topics covered will include financial aid information, FERPA, and tips for parents.
Only for use during in person NSO sessions.
Only for use at conclusion of Advising Session for New Students