WCJC Title IV School Code: 003668
Understanding the FAFSA
Simple Steps for Applying For Financial Aid At WCJC
- Apply for Admission at Wharton County junior College (WCJC) online at https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
- Submit an official high school transcript or GED certificate of completion to the Admissions Office for applicants with no previous college work
- Submit official academic transcripts from all colleges previously attended to the Admissions office for evaluation if no financial aid was received
- Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov before trying to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Log on to www.fafsa.gov to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For the 2012-13 academic year you will provide income information from the 2011 federal income tax returns for you and your parents if you are a dependent student. Independent students only provide information on themselves.
- A video tutorial to assist you in filling out the FAFSA is available at http://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification
- WCJC’s school code is 003668
4. If your application for Federal Aid is selected for verification by the Department of Education you must provide the Financial Aid Office at WCJC with additional documents
- If you did not use the Data Retrieval Tool Option to complete your income information when you completed your FAFSA, then you must provide an income tax transcript from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). We can no longer accept photocopies of actual income tax returns.
- Student Verification worksheet on the college web site at http://www.wcjc.edu/admin_offices_n/financial_aid/forms.asp on the WCJC website)
- ALL OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BY THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
5. All students must complete the WCJC STUDENT DATA FORM on the college web site at http://www.wcjc.edu/admin_offices_n/financial_aid/forms.asp and submit it to the Financial Aid Office
6. Submit all required documents by the established priority financial aid deadlines:
- Fall Semester June 1st
- Spring Semester November 1st
- Summer Session May 1st (please note that effective summer of 2012, Pell Grants for summer sessions are limited to only students who attended one other semester during the award year. Check with the Financial Aid Office for details.)
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE ALL YOUR FINANCIAL AID DOCUMENTATION BY THE PRIORITY DEADLINE YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY YOUR TUITION/ FEES AND BOOKS ON AN OUT-OF-POCKET BASIS AND GET REIMBURSED WHEN YOUR FINANCIAL AID DOCUMENTATION IS COMPLETE. THE COLLEGE HAS AN INSTALLMENT PLAN FOR STUDENTS WHO WISH TO HOLD THEIR CLASSES WHILE THEY COMPLETE THEIR FINANCIAL AID DOCUMENTATION.