Texas Government Code Section 659.026 (b) Information
- Wharton County Junior College employed 364 full time personnel during 2016.
- The College received state appropriations of $9,112,077 and $9,096,057 for fiscal
2015 and 2016.
- Regulation 838: Equation of Experience for Faculty and Administrative Staff outlines
the college’s compensation of executive staff. The Director of Human Resources determines
the compensation with Vice President or Presidential approval. http://www.wcjcd.edu/About -Us/documents/regs/Reg891.pdf
- The college has had Directors and Deans receive PPAs (supplements) in the past.
- A market average for similar executive staff in the private and public sectors is
- The average compensation paid to employees who are not executive staff is $50,133.
- The percentage increase in compensation of executive staff for each fiscal year of
five preceding fiscal years is as follows: FY17 1.99% FY16 1.34% FY 15 1.36% FY14
2.79% and FY13 1.42%
(Source: Business Office, Human Resources, and Payroll Departments)